As I mentioned a little while ago, I am all signed up and ready to do my first juice cleanse! It’s a simple 3-day cleanse that I purchased through a reputable juice bar in the Chicago area, Peeled. Between a few birthdays, holidays, and a yearly bar crawl over this past month, I thought this week would be the best time to detox and hit the “reset” button.
Now, I’ve done my research about how to prep and survive for my juice cleanse, but last night I got an extra dose of pre-cleanse help and insight. My boyfriend’s mom hosted Easter last night and she invited her friend over, who just happens to be a juicing expert! She’s done a ton of different cleanses throughout her life and she gave me a few important pointers:
- Listen to your body–this is the overlying theme through out the tips she gave me
- Each cleanse is different–sometimes you’ll feel great the whole time, sometimes you’ll feel crappy the whole time; sometimes you’ll fluctuate
- You can exercise, but only if you really feel like it and only do as much as you can–don’t push it
- Drink caffeine free tea or hot water with lemon–because the juices are cold, it’s important to have some hot fluids through your day to help your body stay warm and let your organs expand
- You may want to take chlorophyll pills for extra nutrients
- Eat vegetarian and clean for at least one day before and after the cleanse
I am really curious to see how this goes. It’s hard to plan everything since I don’t know how I’ll react, body- and mind-wise. I have gotten into a really nice groove of hot yoga after work on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I may not be up for that intense of a work out on just juice. So, I’m doing a class after work today to get a good, tough class in pre-cleanse and then I may take some Yin Yoga classes on Tuesday and/or Thursday night–or not at all, I’m definitely going to play it by ear and just live in the moment!
Wish me luck! Have you ever done a juice cleanse? How was the experience for you?